Your Foundation for Driving Business Success™
“Provide access to practical resources for Australian businesses”
- To implement our very first usergroup category for BAS agents, by BAS agents. Sharing their stories, experiences, tools and resources when using the myob AccountRight 2018 software
- To develop and maintain a structured environment that is indexed and categorized for existing (and new) businesses including government resources
- To implement additional usergroups for Trusted Advisors to businesses, Industry, Accounting Software including the end business user
- To focus primarily on the needs of micro and small to medium sized businesses
- To help integrate business quickly with information, tools and technologies
- To listen to the needs of our members, research, understand and address the practical needs of the end-user and the entire spectrum of all the stakeholders involved in the compliance and accountability process of operating a successful business.
“No small business should fail through want of access to information"
Quote: [Oct 2005] Mark Brennan, the Victorian Small Business Commissioner
In Your Capacity as a Trusted Advisor/ Provider of Products & Services
In this fast moving world of information overload and rapid technology advancements there is now more so than ever a need to embrace and understand constant changes. If you don't keep up, you run the risk of being left behind.
In your capacity as a 'Trusted Advisor' or Provider of Products and Services, you will need to communicate with anyone that is...
Thinking about Starting a Business
Starting a New Business
Buying a Going Concern or Franchise
Designing Operational Procedures
Designing Financial Controls
Running a Business
Growing a Business
Selling a Business
Exiting or Winding-up a Business
Help Your Clients Find the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
We believe and understand first hand that business owners need help finding the missing piece of the puzzle in all aspects of their business operations.
For some businesses this could be simply learning ‘How’ to -
Prepare a SWOT analysis
Prepare and maintain a ‘living’ Business Plan
Prepare and maintain a ‘living’ Budget
Prepare and maintain Cash-flows
Prepare and implement a Marketing Plan
Calculate the ‘Break-even’ point
Evaluate the Business Viability
Understand the Balance Sheet
Understand the Profit & Loss
Implement practical Inventory Controls
Maximise Human Resources
Control Debtors and Creditors
Analyse KPI’s and Industry Benchmarks
Decide on the right Accounting Software
Achieve and maintain Data Entry Integrity
Become involved in Business Networks……
Quite often the missing piece or pieces of the puzzle are the key catalyst for being able to operate a successful business.
Knowing What You and or Your Clients Don't Know
Small businesses are often faced with overwhelming and confusing compliance obligations. Coming to grips with what you and they don’t know and need to know is essential to operate a successful business.
At the business.gov.au site there are 1,400+ search results for business help. Below are some web links you can view of the government departments that a business may need to communicate with, and not limited to the following:
We Can All Be Pro-Active
On a daily basis the average business owner is faced with many disruptions and challenges.
To make informed decisions it is important to:
- be proactive
- have access to correct information
- select the right tools and resources
Other than communicating with relevant government departments, the following represents an endless list of what else may need to be considered:
Imagine that Anything may be Possible
Let's imagine integrating, consolidating, categorizing, cross-referencing and indexing a range of essential business resources that any business can then readily access, 24/ 7
Together, we can do this!
[Typical proposed building blocks]
Our Initial Strategy
Because of our personal experience with the MYOB AccountRight software for over 25 years, our initial usergroup resources will embrace the needs for BAS Agents and also MYOB Partners (including MYOB Certified Consultants, MYOB Bookkeepers and MYOB Add-On Partners). We plan to progressively extend the usergroups and resources to include other accounting software, industries and also online business resources.
With your help, ideas and support, our proposed initial order of priority in the evolution of the BizResource™ Foundation is as follows -
- WEB SITE – Continue development and integrate the following at the earliest opportunity:
- Member Sign-up, initially for the restricted usergroup of
- BAS Agents, MYOB Certified Consultants, Self-Employed Bookkeepers
- Identify Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- Provider of Products & Services
- BAS Agents, MYOB Certified Consultants, Self-Employed Bookkeepers
- Directory of Members
- Index, Category, Industry Group and Cross-Referenced
- Public Access for Non-Members
- General Business Resources
- Restricted Access to Members Only Resources
- Develop a business advisor Toolkit
- Business Event Calendar [Australia-wide], including Event Registration
- Shopping Cart for the sale of Member Resources, Products & Services
- Member Sign-up, initially for the restricted usergroup of
- DONATIONS/ SPONSORSHIP – Secure Expressions of Interest from relevant stakeholders.
- FOUNDATION – Implement the Deed of Foundation to provide a clear direction of fundamental objectives and business model for the appointed Trustee. Ensuring that all the relevant legal requirements are met for transparent governance including the necessary objectives for a successful Not-For-Profit and Deductible Gift Recipient application.
- APPOINT TRUSTEE COMPANY – Implement a new entity BizResource Ltd, and use this as the Trustee for the BizResource Foundation. Transfer of existing assets currently held in trust by BizEducation Pty Ltd, including Domain Registrations, Web Hosting, Web Plug-ins, Business Names and Trademark Registrations.
- BUSINESS MODEL – For the Trustee to evolve the direction and objectives of the Foundation to a clear, practical and detailed business model as required. This is to initially include an application to be a BAS Agent Service Provider to enable aspiring bookkeepers to work Under the Direction of a Registered BAS Agent to attain the relevant experience.
- EXPAND RESOURCES – Initially it is only intended to focus on the MYOB products, relevant Add-ons and general business resources. Once the web site Content Management System is deemed to be successfully working for the two initial usergroup Member categories, then progressively integrate all other accounting software and relevant Add-Ons.
- EXPAND MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES – It is proposed to expand and roll-out new usergroup membership categories in our goals and objectives, including and not limited to:
- BAS Agents
- Tax Agents
- Self-Employed Bookkeepers/ Contract Bookkeepers
- Business Owners/ Employees
MARKETING CAMPAIGN – The following fiscal year we are working towards having in place a targeted marketing plan to generate public awareness of the practical resources available. Aimed at helping business owners understand the benefits of having the right education, tools, supervision and support and the importance having the right bookkeeper and trusted advisor.
WITH YOUR HELP, WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN
by strategically integrating all the right pieces…
Below are some of the typical proposed website components and or functionality:
- Director, CEO, BizEducation Pty Ltd
- Tax Practitioner: Registered BAS Agent
- MYOB Certified Consultant (since 1993)
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers - Awarded Fellow , Awarded Life Member 
- Association of Accounting Technicians - Awarded Fellow 
- Current Working Groups - ATO Consultation Activities, Inspector-General of Taxation Reviews
- Past Member, ATO BAS Agent Advisory Group 2010-2011
- Past Member, ATO Bookkeeper Advisory Group 2004-2010
- Winner - 1997 'Excellence in Customer Service' Award - Office of Fair Trading [Department of Justice]
Since 1966 Rick has been providing hands-on customer service and support for accounting systems. For the first ten years with Burroughs (USA) as a Senior Field Engineer in Australia, maintaining mechanical adding machines, cash registers and ledger machines typically used by the all the banks. By the age of 21 he was trained to service their mini main frame computers. For some 30+ years since the advent for off-the-shelf accounting software, Rick has been in the specialized area of providing support to small business, including bookkeeping, installing and maintaining IBM compatible hardware, networks and Windows software. In 1992 Rick became an MYOB Reseller Partner and in 1993 became one of the first MYOB Certified Consultants in Australia.
Rick has always focused on the importance of exceeding customer expectations by developing simplified documented step-by-step instructions, thereby ensuring a more enjoyable end-user experience. To this end, in 1997 unbeknown to Rick a number of his clients nominated him for an award, which he was very fortunate to win, in the category of ‘Excellence in Customer Service’ – from the Office of Fair Trading (Department of Justice).
Very much reflective of his dedication, passion and commitment to the whole of the bookkeeper industry and especially since the implementation of the GST, Rick was sponsored by the Australian Taxation Office to attend their first Bookkeepers’ Symposium in 2003. From the inaugural meeting in May 2004, Rick was appointed to the ATO Bookkeeper Industry Advisory Group, and in 2010 to the BAS Agent Advisory Group. He is one of the founding members of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and was awarded Fellow status in 2012 and awarded in 2016 the first and only Australian Life Membership for his substantial and on-going contribution to the Bookkeeper and BAS Agent industry. In the past Rick has also provided input to the Microsoft Small Business Marketing Committee and with The Treasury 'Standard Business Reporting' working group, and is involved in the Current Working Groups for the ATO Consultation Activities and the Inspector General of Taxation Reviews.
Commencing June 2000, Rick has organised hundreds of free small workshops and seminars that have attracted well over 6,000 attendees. His monthly hands-on workshops held at the MYOB head-office in Melbourne focused on sharing of resources with his fellow MYOB Certified Consultants which later also embraced Bookkeepers and since 2010 included fellow BAS Agents. These popular workshops extended to his home ground on the Mornington Peninsula and included free end-of-financial-year Bookkeeper seminars. Over the last seventeen years, content and resources he developed from these workshops have primarily focused on the existing BAS Service Provider legislation. Rick clearly identified and developed many practical tools and demonstrated procedures for ensuring a higher level of data integrity when using accounting software, including developing BAS Review checklists for end-users, plus other relevant Continuing Professional Education material. During this time, Rick has provided these free on-line resources via his original usergroup.com.au website for his clients and also the bookkeeper industry, the contents of which have now been transferred across to the bizresource.org website.
Rick personally believes 'Bookkeeping Can Be Fun' and that practical on-going education is the key in working towards learning responsible financial and compliance management for operating a profitable micro, small and medium sized business. On the 12 October 2005 during one of Rick’s usergroup workshops held at MYOB, Mark Brennan the Victorian Small Business Commissioner was aptly quoted as saying: “No small business should fail through want of access to information.” Since then it has been Rick’s mission to find a practical way to make this happen and he believes that the implementing of an Australian Business Resources foundation incorporating a BAS Agent Support Group will be a really great start.
Gabi (Gabrielle) Freitag
- Managing Director, BizEducation Pty Ltd
- Diploma of Teaching. Monash University
- Bachelor of Education. Deakin University
- Victorian Institute of Teaching. Full Member
Gabi operated and managed the family "Danewood Park" breeding horse stud on the Mornington Peninsula for many years, before commencing her rewarding teaching career in the area of special education.
Through her own business ‘Read the Write Way’ a one-on-one and small groups style tuition both privately at the office of BizEducation and selected schools on the Mornington Peninsula, she was able to fulfil a much needed professional service to children with severe to moderate learning difficulties. This extended to becoming involved as an associate with the Australian Dyslexic Association, member of SPELD and a committee member of several organisations involved in assisting children and adults with learning difficulties.
Some twenty years ago while continuing to run the family horse breeding program, Gabi also operated her own debt collection agency ‘Peninsula Professional Credit Services’, where she even managed to author a publication 'Bad Debt Prevention'.
Since having teamed up with Rick late in 1996, Gabi has provided very dedicated and behind the scenes support for their combined understanding of the needs for the bookkeeping industry and subsequently in their BizEducation company as the Managing Director. Gabi has been invaluable in helping Rick organize and fund hundreds of free small workshops and seminars that have attracted well over 6,000 attendees. On the Mornington Peninsula these have extended to Self-Employed Bookkeepers, Accounting-Professionals, plus special end-of-financial-year public Bookkeeper seminars.
The last couple of years Gabi has focused on a great deal of helping Rick research for building the BizResource Foundation environment including this new website.